Monday, April 19, 2010

So who am I? A little background....

I was born in Washington State and lived in the same house on the outskirts of Seattle from the age of 2 until I got married. It was a great neighborhood to grow up in. I knew every neighbor and there were lots of kids to hang out with. My dad still lives there...

I had friends that I started Kindergarten with and we graduated from high school together. Our little core group of Brookside friends joined up with some Horizon friends in advanced placement classes in middle school and we kept ourselves entertained with our own sense of humor. We were the geeks/nerds of the smart set.

Having spent my entire life in one state, I wanted to go AWAY to college. I spent my freshman year at a small Lutheran college in Minnesota, that unbeknownst to me, was the party school of all the regional Lutheran colleges. I learned how to party...and also learned that I didn't like being so far away. At the end of the year I transferred back to a Washington State school--CWU which was known in the state for its teaching program.

At CWU, even though I wasn't looking for love, Alex found me within the first few weeks and knew I was the one he was going to marry. (I didn't figure that out that he was the one for another year or so...) Alex told me he was going to be an officer in the Air Force. My reponse to that was "Cool! I'll see the world" (and that was one of God's jokes on me--we've never had an overseas tour) We got married in Sept 1987 just before Alex's first (and my second) senior year.

Twenty-two years, two kids, and ten moves later we're still together :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment